Saturday, August 2, 2014

Awesome Dhabas at Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi

It didn't take me long to decide upon the first foodie adda to be covered in my blog as it is the first place which comes into my mind whenever I have a very strong urge to dig into sumptuous paranthas with lots of butter and hot cup of tea.

I have been visiting the Dhabas at Qutub Institutional Area since last 10 years and I swear to god, the place hasn't changed a bit- whether it's the food or the overall atmosphere of the place (Thank god!).


Since all the Dhabas are located opposite to the management institutes like IIFT, IIPM etc., the crowd here is always vibrant, young and happening consisting of college students and residents of nearby localities in South Delhi.

Now let's come to the main point- FOOD. Surprisingly for a 'Dhaba', the menu at each of these joints boasts of cuisines varying from North Indian to Mughlai to Chinese. But my personal opinion/suggestion is that when you visit this place, you should give a skip to all the 'exquisite' items on the menu and jump straight to the Parantha section as the paranthas here are to die for.

The list boasts of variety of Paranthas like Aloo, Aloo Pyaaz, Gobhi, Paneer, Keema etc. I have tried most of them and I must say that their preparation is really good. Paranthas are always served fresh, hot, crispy and super delicious here. My personal favorites are Aloo Pyaaz and Keema. Don't forget to order Butter and Tea to go with the Paranthas as that'll make your meal 'complete' in the true gastronomic sense. 

Also what makes the experience great is the supplementary items served with the food like pudina mint chutney, pickles and red chilly chutney (my favorite). All these items are always fresh and a must have to add a 'spice' to your experience of eating out here.

The food is reasonably priced and though earlier in this post I had suggested to skip the other items on the menu, let me clarify that all the items on the menu taste good and their taste or quality was not the reason for the same. It's just that some places are meant for some things. Hope my fellow foodies will understand :)


Though these Dhabas are open year- round, the best time to visit this place is in the monsoon season or the winter season as during the summers, the weather will spoil your experience of eating out here. During the winter season, the cool weather and fog to go with the greenery, literally makes this place look like heaven on earth.

Closing time: 11.30 PM.

Whom to go with: Friends.

Keep checking this space out for more Foodie Addas!

No comments:

Post a Comment